Reception Teacher Required (Full-time)
Application deadline – Friday 14th April 2017
Interviews – Thursday 27th April 2017
Start date -September 2017
We are looking for an enthusiastic, charismatic and knowledgeable teacher to take on the challenge of our second Reception class in September. Our classrooms are light and airy and the Reception classrooms have direct access to a specially designed outdoor learning and play area. Our EYFS team is very successful and has an excellent relationship with parents with whom we aim to work closely.
The post is suitable for someone with experience or new to the profession. We offer full induction and training for NQTs.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our happy, developing and innovative school. The role would suit an enthusiastic, hard working and passionate individual who wishes to share their drive and motivation with children in the Early Years setting. The successful candidate may be required to teach KS1 from September 2018.
Tasks and Duties would include:
- Work within the schools policies and guidelines on curriculum, discipline and organisation
- Plan, prepare and deliver creative and inspirational lessons to a range of abilities.
- Provide appropriate learning challenge to allow all pupils to reach their potential.
- Maintain records, assess and write reports on pupils’ progress and development – including gathering end of EYFS data, continual assessment against the Foundation Stage profile
- Attend parents’ consultation evenings to discuss progress with pupils and parents.
- Have outstanding subject knowledge of the EYFS and keep up to date with changes in practices and compliance.
- Be an outstanding ambassador to all pupils modelling professionalism, compassion and a hard working ethos at all times.
- Creating a stimulating learning environment.
- Undertake pastoral duties and support children in a secure environment.
Applications should include:
- Teaching Staff Application Form – (Download)
- An accompanying letter of no more than 700 words explaining your suitability for this post
- A current CV with references.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th April 2017
Thorpe Hall School is committed to the safeguarding of children and successful candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, DBS and a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009