Learning Support Assistant Required (Full-time)
Application deadline – Friday 13th October 2017
Interview – Thursday 19th October 2017
Start date –3rd January 2018
Pay range: TA Scale 1 – 9 (FT Equivalent £12,394 – £17,927 per annum)
We are looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to join our busy Learning Development Centre in the Upper School (11-16). The successful candidate must have GCSE Maths & English to at least C grade and ideally hold a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our happy, developing and innovative school. The role would suit an enthusiastic, hard working and passionate individual who wishes to share their drive and motivation to support children in the Upper School (KS3 & KS4).
Tasks and Duties would include:
- supporting pupils across the curriculum on an individual and group basis;
- assisting in practical lessons;
- liaising with the teacher in relation to specific pupils’ problems or progress;
- monitoring how individual pupils respond to various situations and topics;
- assisting with other tasks, as appropriate, after discussion with the class teacher;
- working on specific programmes with individual pupils;
- assisting with the maintenance of the pupils’ progress records, and by participating in review meetings as necessary;
- monitoring and supporting specific pupils;
- keeping staff informed of any relevant pupil information;
- attending review meetings or consultation sessions with outside agencies;
- helping to administer IEPs.
Applications should include:
- Teaching Staff Application Form – (Download)
- An accompanying letter explaining your suitability for this post
- A current CV with references.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th October 2017
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including pre-employment checks which include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, enhanced DBS and a declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.